Account Escalations: How Uptick Bridges the Gap Between Departments
Learn how Kayla Summers, Head of Global Customer Experience (FireMate) at Uptick, uses Board Views and Custom Objects to efficiently manage escalations.
About this Blueprint
Blueprints are a collection of Vitally best practices and use cases brought to you by today's Customer Success thought leaders.
When escalations occur, it's important to not only document the issue, but also notify the relevant departments. Giving different team members in your organization insight into these matters is key to improving efficiency and keeping customers satisfied.
Using Vitally Custom Objects, Customer Success teams can sync and manage a wide-range of use cases including Opportunities, Tickets, and more. You can even take Custom Objects a step further by adding in Zapier to automatically sync data from Vitally to outside tools.
Kayla Summers, Head of Global Customer Experience (FireMate) at Uptick, uses a combination of Vitally Custom Objects, Zapier, and Slack to ensure the proper departments are instantly notified when customer escalations occur. In addition, she utilizes Vitally’s new Boards feature to visually track and understand the priority level of different escalations.
Request a Demo Today
How this Blueprint works
This Blueprint enables Uptick’s Onboarding and Customer Success teams to raise the alarm on accounts that need the input of a department lead or the head of a region. As not all of their company departments operate out of Vitally, it's crucial these items are notifying teams via their company-wide communications tool, Slack.
The questions they asked to get the deployment right:
- What information is most relevant to the departments receiving the escalation?
- How can our team in Vitally manage these escalations, and ensure they're being followed up on?
- How do we communicate between departments that do not have access to Vitally, in order to close off the escalation?
The deployment decisions made based on the answers:
- Custom Object in Vitally with relevant Traits (these are like ‘fields’ or ‘properties’ and can be seen by clicking into the Blueprint above)
- New Custom Object Board View in Vitally, added to relevant Hubs
- Integration into Slack via Zapier
- Enhanced visibility and communication across company departments
- Faster identification and resolution to customer escalations
- Fast reporting of outstanding customer escalations
- Accurate logging of customer escalations (no longer just a Slack message, but an official log on the account in Vitally)
What data points or information will you need to complete or add?
Every organization has their own way of tracking and communicating customer issues. Kayla’s Blueprint is meant to be a source of inspiration that your team can use when building out your own process. With Vitally, you can natively integrate data from 25+ sources such as Salesforce, Zendesk, and Intercom - so the details you’d want to include in your own process can vary depending on your tech stack.
How can you customize this for other use cases?
You can use Custom Objects for many use cases - from tracking and managing Opportunities and Deals to leveraging support ticket data from non-native integrations. With Boards, Customer Success Managers can visualize tasks for easier management. Account Managers can also create Board Views to track and move Opportunities through different stages.
Uptick is the leading software provider to fire, security, and HVAC maintenance companies. Trusted by over 5,000 users, Uptick helps asset servicing companies manage their workforce to perform routine asset maintenance activities, keeping buildings safe and compliant.
Ready to Share Your Blueprint For Success?
We're now accepting submissions to our Blueprint Library to showcase how Customer Success leaders are creating best practices to help scale productivity and collaboration across their teams and customers.
Boost Your Customer Success Productivity Now
Sign up for a quick demo to see what Vitally can do to your improve your Customer Success organization.