How Peggy from Vitally Ensures Accurate Forecasting and Financial Projections
Discover how Peggy Wang, Head of Finance at Vitally, uses custom Dashboards & Reporting to gain visibility into key financial and customer metrics.
About this Blueprint
Blueprints are a collection of Vitally best practices and use cases brought to you by today's Customer Success thought leaders.
If you’re a Finance leader, you know that it's important to have an accurate picture of your company's financial landscape.
With Vitally’s Dashboards, teams can build custom reports to track revenue changes over time, monitor real-time customer metrics, and make informed decisions based on these insights.
Peggy Wang, Head of Finance at Vitally, uses Dashboards to gain visibility into key financial metrics, quickly identify areas of risk and opportunities, and effectively forecast revenue. In today's dynamic business climate, it's crucial to recognize that Customer Success Platforms (CSPs) are not only for Customer Success!
This Blueprint Includes...
In Peggy’s Blueprint, you’ll see a dedicated Finance Hub with three key Dashboards that will serve as a jumping off point for Finance leaders using Vitally:
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR): Peggy uses Vitally as a source of truth for ARR tracking. She’s able to see the breakdown of ARR over time, customer count over time, and monthly expansion/contraction/churn/new business ARR changes. As a result, she has visibility into Vitally’s exact revenue numbers and can rely on them for accurate forecasting and reporting.
- Gross Revenue Retention (GRR) / Net Revenue Retention (NRR): Similar to ARR tracking, this Dashboard acts as the source of truth for retention numbers at Vitally. In addition to being able to see retention numbers over time, Peggy has also built various custom reports that allow her to see historical churn based on customer tier and identify any patterns in different customer groups.
- Churn & Risk: This Dashboard offers the latest view on churn/expansion/contraction forecasts for the next few months which are used in Vitally's financial projections. Vitally’s Account Management team also uses Vitally to track and update churn forecasts, which Peggy can then report on in a Churn & Risk Dashboard. No need to constantly reach out to the AMs to get updated churn forecasts!
Note: The reports displayed in this Blueprint are examples of what can be achieved with Dashboards. You’ll want to build and customize your own Dashboards & Reports with the data that’s important to you.
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR)
- Net Revenue Retention (NRR)
What data points or information will you need to complete or add?
This Blueprint offers a sneak peek into how Vitally’s Head of Finance manages forecasting, projections, and much more. Additionally, Vitally offers a variety of out-of-the-box reports, such as customer growth, logo retention, and health so teams can get started quickly. When creating your own Dashboard, you’ll need to decide where your revenue data is piping in from and customize the metrics that you want to see.
How can you customize this for other use cases?
Dashboards & Reports are completely customizable for any scenario! Customer Success Managers can create their own Dashboards to track project statuses, manage tasks, and manage customer interactions. Leadership teams can create Dashboards to understand revenue, growth, and health over time. You can learn more about Dashboards by visiting the Vitally Academy.
Going beyond Dashboards & Reports
Beyond Dashboards & Reports, Vitally offers Playbook Automation, Projects, Notes, Docs, and much more to help modern SaaS teams drive collaboration with customers and overall team efficiency. Request a demo today to learn more about how Vitally can help you improve customer visibility across your organization.
Request a Demo Today
Ready to Share Your Blueprint For Success?
We're now accepting submissions to our Blueprint Library to showcase how Customer Success leaders are creating best practices to help scale productivity and collaboration across their teams and customers.
Boost Your Customer Success Productivity Now
Sign up for a quick demo to see what Vitally can do to your improve your Customer Success organization.